Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Difficult fish and Good Fishermen

The day started early at 6:15. It was dark with a chill in the air as we walked to the stream. We were going to fish Elk with high expectations due to the recent rain. I had two experienced fly fishermen with me. Bob, never fished for steelhead before, but was very handy with a fly rod, and Meridith who fished with Steelhead Alley Outfitters numerous times over the years.


Pictured below was our target, and one of Meridith's first fish. The First Fish at about 7:30am


Meridth was first to strike with a nice pair



Bob soon followed fishing in a nice run up above. Since this was Bob's first steelhead, we wanted this fish in the net real bad and as you can see (pictured below) it was a good one. It gave all three of us a work out. This fish headed upstream, then downstream, with many jumps and the guide chasing him all over the river. Add to that Meridith running up to get pictures and getting stuck in the mud and rolling around, we had a memory and a good laugh as we rested ourselves on the bank. The fish was in much better shape than we were after that battle and I'm not sure who won.



The Master Strikes Again and Again



Two more for Bob and another good one to boot. I'm not sure who is hooked here.


Meridith Showing Off Another




There are Big Fish in Our Rivers





Looking back at the day, I wish I had a video camera with me. There were so many moments that we will only be able to store in our memories. A good time was had by all and I know that I enjoyed myself.
We are getting some nice fish and it will get even better. Give us a call if you're interested in getting out on Steelhead Alley. We're sure you'll have a laugh, and a good time.