Friday, October 1, 2010

September 30 Scouting/Fishing - WOW!

What a day. The Rains brought in a ton of fish. My scouting mission turned into a fishing trip. I could not resist. These fish were hot and fresh from the lake. You couldn't reel or strip fast enough on direction changes. On occasion they had you running after them to keep backing on the reel. Seeing the fish jump 5, 6, and maybe 7 times was amazing. These fish gave me a workout. I had more hookups than I can count and more fish to the net than a man deserves. I was actually tired and sore by the end of the day. My arms were tired and my face hurt from smiling so much. What a blast.
Now that I have your heart pumping, I must appologize for these pictures. I was by myself and using my cell phone and I don't like handling the fish too much so I only took a few pics.


Fishing should continue to improve as we get more water in the tribs. Reports are more rain over the next couple of days. A Nice Hot fish that gave me a workout

Another nice fish with the Iceman that stuck her



Almost like a mirror
As we get more water and the weather turns a little cooler our fishing will really kick off and become much more consistent. Based on current weather reports we are going to get off and on rain between now and next Tuesday. I am guessing that we should have good conditions by Wednesday next week. If it's a little high and off color, get out your big streamers and swing some flies. Stop back for updates or contact us at scott@rsmflyfishing.com or gregsenyo@yahoo.com Thanks for visiting and stop back soon,
Best fishes to all,
Scott McClintock
Owner / Operator
RSM Fly Fishing